Friday, November 9, 2007

A nice surprise

So another week has gone by and no more wedding planning has been done. Hopefully I can get some stuff done this weekend.

Last weekend was the engagement party my dad through for us. Sarah, Danielle and I planned to go dress shopping in Belleville during the day. Well. My whole family hoodwinked the two of us. Sarah was supposed to meet Danielle and I at the first place, and when she shows up, lo and behold she wasn’t on her own. Kate had flown down from Thunder Bay for the weekend too!

I tried on a bunch of dresses and my favourite of the day was still the one that I posted the picture of below. Hard thing though is that I don’t know how to pick between the two dresses which are separated by 400 km and no one other than myself has seen both dresses. I think I will go and try on the other dress again tonight.

The party itself was great. I got to see a lot of people that I don’t get to see all that often (family friends and what not). Azar and Azin (Arash’s Mum and sister) also got to meet a bunch of family members and friends as well. Apparently they both had a good time, but I didn’t get a chance to talk to them much (Arash and I drove down separately).

Hopefully this weekend I can get the photographer booked and the tents organized.

No comments: