Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Dress

So, other blogging update it is.

Not much on the wedding planning front to speak of. Nej and Cdub came down last weekend to go look at wedding dresses. We went to 4 stores in London, 3 real bridal stores and one that sold bridal dresses but was not a real bridal store.

I had the worst experience with the first store. Oh. My. God. The assistant was Horrible!!! She basically picked up one dress that she thought would look good and decided this was the dress I had to get. It was nice, but not really 100% the look I was going for. Oh that, and it was $1600. I had to ask her to help me do up the dress and provided absolutely no input to how the dress would look once it was bustled. On top of it all, she asked me if I wanted to put a deposit down on the dress that she had picked out for me, “or, if you want you can go have lunch, think about it, and come back this afternoon”. Seriously. She was messed up. I think that even if that WAS my favourite dress (which it was not), I wouldn’t get it now on principal.

The next real bridal store was much better though. The assistant was very helpful, did up dresses, held them tight, pointed out different angles, and different alterations that would be done. She showed me how all the bustles would look and encouraged me to try on the dress that I liked another time… twice! (so I had it on three times altogether) just to make sure that it was the one I like the best. Right now it is between this dress and the one that is similar to the one I posted below. This dress was fitted to about the natural waist and then flared out into an a-line, but not in a pouffy way. It had lace detailing on the front (two vertical stripes down the front and beautiful lace detailing on the back and the train. If also had a “champaign” ribbon around the bodice about halfway between the natural waist line and my breasts. It was strapless with a faint sweetheart neckline. Pretty, elegant and not princess-y with no satin. Meets all of my requirements ;)

I will be going back to Belleville this weekend for the engagement party that my dad is having for Arash and I. On Saturday Danielle, Sarah and I are going to go dress shopping again. I’m hoping that I can go back to the store that the other dress was at, and decide which of the two is my favourite. I hate picking favourites (hence the three brides maids but no maid of honour dilemma – Which by the way was solved by not having a maid of honour. The one that will sign the marriage documents will be the one that is tallest while wearing their intended shoes.) Hopefully I will somehow figure it out. It makes it doubly hard when the two dresses are separated by 400 kms. I can’t exactly try them both on in rapid succession.

Other than that. Need to get myself organized. Oh, and we did our engagement photos! I didn’t post them on here since most people probably saw them on facebook, but I will post the link again for non-facebook people (that is you EK and EL!!!)
Engagement Photos

2 comments:

Blythe said...

Nice photos!

Lotus Blossom said...

I love the photos! Have fun at your party...