Friday, March 7, 2008

Time for another update

Okay, so I realized people have been harassing me about an update for a long long time. What is it? Two months since my last post?

The wedding planning seems to be coming in fits and spurts. At the end of December and beginning of January I got a quote from the Tent Rental place (but didn’t go over it thoroughly until last night *blush*) bought my dress and found a wedding photographer. I think the photographer will end up being a really good fit for A and I. We really love photography (if you remember back to when I first started dating him I didn’t know whether to abbreviate his nickname to PB for photoboy or MCB for mountain climbing boy. MCB won out) so it was an area of our budget that we didn’t want to scrimp on. Anywho, we ended up going with this girl. Funny thing is that one of the brides on her website (the red head) is a girl I used to work with back in highschool. Funny how things like this happen. Well, maybe not funny. Belleville isn’t exactly a big metropolis.

In February I crossed three more big items off the list. I lined up a DJ with D’s help. She was amazing talked to 10 different DJs to find out prices and availability. I also found my florist. Not the cheapest place in Belleville, but I have a lot of confidence in them. My sister got her flowers done there for the same reason. We are going with eggplant and mango calla lilies for the wedding party and yellow roses with red around the edge for the family members not in the wedding party. (dad, A’s mom, A’s sister, etc). The centre pieces are going to be floating roses similar to what we did for grad ball with prettier bowls. Finally I also got a cake knife. We found a really nice one at the grocery store of all places. For the low price of $15! Can’t beat that! Finally I talked to my Aunt in BC and she is going to make the wedding cake for us. It will be a chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream icing with orange and red fondant leaves. I have it all pictured out in my head and I think it will be beautiful! One of the best things about having a fall wedding outside is that you can have a chocolate cake!!!

This weekend, I want to verify with the tent rental place and find a caterer. Hopefully the one that S and Dad used will still be available. I just need to make sure that they can have a vegetarian option as well.

4 comments:

C-dub said...

Do you have a link the website for your photographer? (I'm just curious to look at her previous work).

Sounds like things are starting to come together. I think you're in pretty good shape with 7 months to go!

lj said...

I just posted it :)

Lotus Blossom said...

The phototgrapher has some beautiful photos - her editing is gorgeous.

C-dub said...

Any recent developments with the caterer and tent rental?